History of North Perry Avenue Water District

The History of the District

The North Perry Avenue Water District was formed on November 24, 1942. The initial water system was established in 1944 by the formation and construction of Utility Local Improvement District (ULID) No.1. The original project consisted of construction of approximately 6.6 miles of water mains along Perry Avenue from Stoneway to Riddell and adjacent streets.

The District Today

The North Perry Avenue Water District has grown in area from approximately 1 square mile in 1944 to 12 square miles today and now serves more than 7400 connections. Our service area encompasses several miles of shoreline to the East and extends 1 to 2 miles inland to the West. The District operates 10 production wells with a capacity of more than 5 million gallons per day and maintains more than 100 miles of pipeline.